Campus Pike Happenings Oct. 3rd- 7th
Posted by Patricia Lutkenhaus on Friday, Sep 30 at 4:37 PM in Gene Pike Middle School
Campus Pike Happening
Oct. 3rd- 7th
- Meet of Champions
- Tennis vs Adams- NHS
- NISD Band Showcase NISD stadium 7pm
- 6th Grade Choir Concerts 6:30
- Spirit Day: PJ bottoms
- Football: 7th Away-Dawson, 8th Home
- Wear Red for Dyslexia Awareness
- Volleyball 7th home, 8th away
- EARLY Release 12:50
- End of 1st 9 weeks
We made it through September! Who is ready for a little cooler weather? As the weather does start to changes please make sure you have labeled inside jackets/hoodies and coats just in case they get misplaced.
A big thank you to all the families who were able to join us for Open House we loved seeing everyone and hope you enjoyed meeting your child's teachers.
Early Release Schedule:
- Friday students will be released at 12:50.
- Students will see every class for a shortened amount of time.
- LUNCH will be from 12:20- 12:50 and eaten in 8th period classes.
- The cafeteria will only be making sack lunches that day.
Parent Conference Nights
- October 11th, 13th and 19th teachers will be setting up parent conferences based on academic/behavior needs.
- NOT every student will have a conference or be contacted.
- If you would like a teacher conference with one or all of your Panthers teachers please pick one of their teachers to email and they will help you get it set up.
- Mrs. Kosek is building a MAZE in the library and in need of large blankets and bedsheets.
- Students who donate by next Thursday Oct. 6th can pick a free poster or book off the prize table in the library!
- After the MAZE is broken down the bedsheets and blankets will be donated to Leadership/Leadworthy classes to take to Apollo animal shelter in November.
Lost and Found:
- Pike Ambassadors will be working next week to set out the items so students can easily see what we have found.
- All items not claimed will be sent to the Justin Community Closet on Tuesday Oct. 11th
Expectations for athletic events at NISD Stadium:
- Football season is underway at NISD Stadium! We love to see our crowds at or near capacity for our home matchups, and the district plans accordingly to ensure a fun environment for all attendees!
Stadium gates open at 5:30 p.m., so please plan to beat the traffic. Kickoff takes place as close to 7 p.m. as possible, given any scheduled pre-game events or announcements. Spectators are not allowed to switch between home and visitors’ sides of the facility during the game. As we prepare for a large attendance at our home matchups, however, we also need your help for a great game atmosphere!
Students should come to games with the intent to watch from the crowd, either with their friends or their immediate family. As with all school events, each student should bring their campus ID badge. For parents and guardians, please coordinate with your student for travel to and from the game. Additionally, if you are not attending the game with your child, be available by phone in case of emergency.
We look forward to cheering on our football teams under the lights this season!
- Expectations for athletic events at NISD Stadium:
- Parents and guardians are expected to pick up students promptly at the end of all NISD events. Any student remaining beyond 30 minutes after the end of the event/game may be suspended from attending future events/games.
- Parents and guardians are asked to accompany their students to NISD events or be available by phone if needed.
- Students are asked to bring their student ID to all events
- Students must remain in their seats or “move with purpose” to/from concessions/restroom area.
- Students must sit either in the designated student section or with their immediate family.
- All stadium events are following the NISD Stadium Bag Policy. Please review prior to attending one of our many events.
- Ticket and general stadium information may be accessed on the Northwest ISD Athletics website.
- If you have not already join Pike PTA please do so, it's not too late!
- PTA Board Meeting Monday Oct. 17th 6pm Pike Cafeteria.
Asthma Facts& Snacks
- Please see attached flyer below.
Principal Pike Middle School
There is 1 attachment with this post. Click the link below to view the attachment.